torstai 14. marraskuuta 2013

PCOS - for ladies

When I started to write these texts I just wanted to practice my english. Now I have noticed some people around the world is reading my gab. The reason I'm going to write about my PCOS is that I know it will help someone. It's probably rare to have so bad PCOS than mine but good to find it anyway. I had troubles to find it and doctors didn't know nearly anything about it - not to mention how to mend it.
Who could figure out to get help for something what you don't know even exist? I didn't until I finally found the reason by reading and reading knowledge from internet searching my symptoms from google.


Back to my childhood, two facts: my period never started and my skin was very clear and healthy the whole puberty time. So here we go... I was the first girl who started to look like a woman so it's weird everybody else had teir period before me. I was ten years old. Nobody else had their puberty so early. I still have some clothes I had when I turned junior high school. That's funny.

This is me when I was turning to 12. :D My father bought a first digital camera.

When I was 16 my mom took me to doctor. It was clear something wasn't right. Doctor gave me progesterone and said the period should start with them. They did. That's it? Why didn't the doctor investigate what was wrong?
My first period was so painful I couldn't even stand. I just squirm on the sofa and cried
. That's one of the symptom of PCO (VERY painful period I mean). I got contraceptive pills for the pain. The period kept going with them of course. But I haven't had them in natural way - ever!

Here I am. 16 years old and doing my hair for midsummer party. No period.


When I was second class in vocational school I changed my contraceptive pills to ring. It has less hormon. That's when my PCO loose of restrictions. It started with hairloss and then my skin started to have some pimples. I had my first acne when I was 15 and it left with antibiotic. After that there wasn't any problems with it. But now they didn't help even I didn't have acne really, just some problems with my skin. I lost 3/4 of my hair. That's a lot. Luckily I had very thick hair so I didn't get bald. I ate healthy and I didn't smoke but hair just got thinner and thinner.





Summer of '11 just before the hell started...


When I was 20 something happened. At fall 2011 I started to have serious acne on my face. It got worse and worse quickly as mushrooms under the rain. People came to tell their "good advices" how I should eat less chocolate or chips and maybe go to dermatologist. "Oh why? Do I have something on my face?" Idiot. To notice I had aten chocolate and chips last time when I was 12 and I already ate isotretinoin (roaccutane) 60mg in a day and some antibiotic and cortisone with it by dermatologist that might is clear the advices wasn't needed. People might thought that I didn't wash my face or something... I'm laughing everytime I see some advert on tv in which some girl is secluding at home because of one little blackhead. Then she wash her face with some product and her life is saved.

Anyway... That was so painful and I was so terrified every time I saw myself in the mirror. It's not normal acne I'm talking. There was normal skin only around my eyes and little bit on my nose. There was a layer of putrid under my skin. Every of the dermatologist I met was terrified. They said they haven't ever seen as difficult acne as this. But sadly they didn't know what's the real reason I had my acne. They just tried to mend my acne despite I tried to tell them I had read about PCO and told I had all the symptoms of it. And I asked if my testosterone could be measured but no.. They didn't listen to me. Just gave me more antibiotic and cortisone with more roaccutane. So I decided to go to gynecologist. She find my PCO and admit that my testosterone must checkup. Not surprisingly the reading was incredible high. Unfortunately that was all she could. She set me to academic hospital. Then started another fight: How to get Metformin to help my PCO ? 
Doctors weren't updated again. Fortunately I was prepared that. I had fetched an article about 'metformin for mending PCO' from magazine of doctors from local pharmacy. The pharmacist gave me a copy and I gave it to the doctor. She left me to have discussion with her elder colleague. Then she came back and told she will give me a prescription for Metformin. I was so glad!
My acne started to be better during springtime. It was gone by summer! That was great!



Summer of '12, after having my serious acne.
It didn't last long... Turning to 2013 my face started to get scars from my acne. I don't understand how they took so long until they exist! THAT was bad. It felt worst than that putridface I had. During the springtime 2013 the scars got worse... Well, because of Metformin my acne isn't coming back at least. Then I determined about fraxel laser for my scars but I couldn't have it before year has been worn after roaccutane.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
http://www.terveyskirjasto.fi/kotisivut/tk.koti?p_artikkeli=dlk00686

You can read more about PCO from google.

More about fraxel laser later...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti